Tuesday, 4 April 2017
We are the Sheep of His pasture (if we do what He says)
A Sheep Study by Fritz Chery Click for original
Did you know that sheep are the most mentioned animals in the Bible? True Christians are the Lord’s sheep. God will provide for us and guide us. God tells us in Scripture that none of His sheep will be lost.
25 Important Bible Verses About Sheep
Nothing can take away our eternal life. We hear the voice of our great shepherd. Evidence that you’re truly saved by faith in Christ is that you will live by the words of your shepherd.
True sheep of the Lord will not follow the voice of another shepherd.
Some Christians try to go to heaven alone, in solitude. But believers are not compared to bears or lions or other animals that wander alone. Those who belong to Christ are sheep in this respect, that they love to get together. Sheep go in flocks, and so do God’s people.” Charles Spurgeon
Jesus is my shepherd and we are His sheep.
1. Psalm 23:1-3 A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
2. Isaiah 40:10-11 Yes, the Sovereign LORD is coming in power. He will rule with a powerful arm. See, he brings his reward with him as he comes. He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.
3. Mark 6:34 Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.
4. Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb on the throne will be their Shepherd. He will lead them to springs of life-giving water. And God will wipe every tear from their eyes.”
5.Ezekiel 34:30-31 In this way, they will know that I, the LORD their God, am with them. And they will know that they, the people of Israel, are my people, says the Sovereign LORD. You are my flock, the sheep of my pasture. You are my people, and I am your God. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken!”
6. Hebrews 13:20-21 Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
7. Psalm 100:3 Acknowledge that the LORD is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
8. Psalm 79:13 Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will thank you forever and ever, praising your greatness from generation to generation.
Sheep hear their shepherd’s voice.
9. John 10:14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,
10. John 10:26-28 But you don’t believe me because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,
11. John 10:3-4 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice.
Pastors must feed the sheep with the Word of God.
12. John 21:16 Jesus repeated the question: “Simon son of John, do you love me?” “Yes, Lord,” Peter said, “you know I love you.” “Then take care of my sheep,” Jesus said.
13. John 21:17 A third time he asked him, Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, “Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Then feed my sheep.
Jesus died for His sheep.
14. John 10:10-11 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
15. John 10:15 just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep.
16. Matthew 15:24 He replied, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
17. Isaiah 53:5-7 But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all. He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word. He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. And as a sheep is silent before the shearers, he did not open his mouth.
His sheep will inherit eternal life.
18. Matthew 25:32-34 All the nations will be gathered in his presence, and he will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep at his right hand and the goats at his left. “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world.
19. John 10:7 so he explained it to them: “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.
I am black but lovely,
O daughters of Jerusalem,
Like the tents of Kedar,
Like the curtains of Solomon.
6 “Do not stare at me because I am [h]swarthy,
For the sun has burned me.
The parable of the lost sheep.
20. Luke 15:2-7 And the Pharisees and scribes were complaining, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them!” So He told them this parable “What man among you, who has 100 sheep and loses one of them, does not leave the 99 in the open field and go after the lost one until he finds it? When he has found it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders, and coming home, he calls his friends and neighbors together, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, because I have found my lost sheep! I tell you, in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don’t need repentance.
The Lord will lead His sheep.
21. Psalm 78:52-53 But he led his own people like a flock of sheep, guiding them safely through the wilderness. He kept them safe so they were not afraid; but the sea covered their enemies.
22. Psalm 77:20 You led your people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.
Lambs in Heaven.
23. Isaiah 11:6 A wolf will reside with a lamb, and a leopard will lie down with a young goat; an ox and a young lion will graze together, as a small child leads them along.
Wolves and sheep.
24. Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
25. Matthew 10:16 “Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.